I've been researching post-Peace Corps opportunities (already! I'm such a planner). I started by searching "humans and nature" on Google, since I'm draw to the connection between the two and the benefits of that relationship. There's actually a Center on Humans and Nature! It's like a think tank for human health and environment. I emailed the President and she was elated, and told me to keep in touch during and after my Peace Corps service. I also emailed a graduate advisor at the University of Hawaii's College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, my top choice at this point for post-PC plans. I want to do a interdisciplinary program with agriculture, horticulture, human health/nutrition, and environment. I'd have to get some prereqs completed (bio, etc.) which will be a challenging experience considering my nightmare memories of bio class in 10th grade. But I'm really draw to nature and how people can live healthily and happily in harmony with it! Ah, finding something I'm excited about is super wonderful! Thank you again to all my loved ones who are supporting me in this! Grand adventures and growth to come :)
17 days...
No comments:
Post a Comment